Canadian guitar has already carved its niche in the history of great guitars. The beautiful country of Canada herself boasts of a big and very lively acoustic guitar industry. Small boutique shops offer wonderful pieces of quality hand-crafted acoustic guitars that are widely known all over the world. And this translated to a good number of guitar manufacturers confidently exporting their stuff to other countries.
The secrets that makes the Canadian guitar a successful enterprise is actually no surprise at all to those who know their guitars well and value quality above others.
- First things’ first, popular Canadian brands of acoustic guitars that is well-renowned around the world for their class, sophistication, ingenuity and quality of sound makes up the perfect image of the Canadian guitar.
- These guitars are already proven-tested in time, and with every new model rolling out into the market, manufacturers learn new things on how to make them look much better and sound much better. These are the hallmarks that make up a great acoustic guitar.
- It placed much emphasis on those factors that establish the complex tonal properties of various wood materials used. Because of the fact that tonewoods usually respond much differently in each guitar maker, Canadian makers realize a good opportunity out of this to make a great but distinct sound signature that they can call their own. And so the guitar came to be valued for its identifying those great materials that contributes to the balance of sound and quality. It’s a secret its various manufacturers have discovered a long time ago.
- Mahogany is well-recognized for its low-velocity sound properties when compared to other wood materials used for the tops. It creates a considerable density together with low overtone content which best responds to various dynamic ranges, especially at the upper ends. This results to a powerful “punchy” tone that suits country blues sound philosophies well.
- Another thing that the Canadian guitar had successfully exploited was considering the mahogany material for the back and the sides of the guitar, where it obviously produces a high-velocity sound, which composes overtone coloration. This “wood-like” sound becomes clearer than that of rosewood guitars which many have thought to be emanating a more “metallic” acoustic sound.
- The Canadian guitar also excels in playability, pointing out the comfort in playing. It takes pride in its designs that advertises ease and comfort of use. They achieved this with their approach on the body style. Aside from designs and styles that determine the total sound projection or tonal emphasis, their guitars have lately evolved into giving the player that needed playing comfort, which gives access to the higher frets with ease. Everybody knows that all sophisticated guitars and their sound qualities will come for nothing if the player is not comfortable working his way on the frets, thereby failing to create that perfect sound.
- One of the best secrets that made the Canadian guitar successful through time is its incorporation of all those electronic wonders that augments and amplifies acoustic beauty. It made their guitars more feasible for various uses.
The Canadian guitar still has a long way to go. And it’s already making its name today as among the world’s greatest acoustic guitars as it successfully brought all those necessary ingredients together which gives a great guitar experience.Full Review